View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #173
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/ has parts and tips including ignition.
Thanks for taking the time to post that link!

I poked around on there for awhile and didn't really find much info that I thought would be helpful for my 250 build. He posted that 200-250 hp is about all you can get for a "streetable" engine and 300hp wouldn't be streetable at all? 200hp isn't even 1 hp per cubic inch and there's a ton of factory engines (even old ones) that make atleast 1 hp/ci or more that are perfectly driveable and mild mannered. I think he's mostly into old school style power adders and not more modern (and better performing) parts. Newer style triple Weber's/Dellorto's with individual manifolds gets rid of reversion and the air/fuel charge problems that plenum/log type manifolds have, so they retain bottom end torque/smoothness even with huge cams. With pump E85 (105 octane) I can run alot of compression that helps add even more low end torque. I think most people that hot-rod inline engines do it for the old school style instead of actual performance gains and that's why there aren't many modern/newer technology hop up parts for them.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote