View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
rog540wag

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

I would have to say i have never really spent much time looking at other builds on here, but there are many talented men on here that have common interests and have built some fine trucks. I would in no way dismantle a good driver to make this swap,agreeing with you. But from my exsperience in putting 4 AD trucks together with the s-10 chassis i will say they make one heck of a truck. You are also right about the s-10 beaters, they have increased in price latley. I stock piled 3 for back up and allways keep my eyes open for another. I would also like to say that there is probably a lot of info on the web on these swaps, but not to much of what i would call good numbers and details. So thats why i decided to spend hours putting this together with all the measurments and picture details. The firewall template that comes with it has saved guys hours of time. I am currently building a 1950 rust free nebraska truck. I completly mounted the body, sandblasted the s-10 doner frame and have it rolling with brakes and steering in 3 days using my own blueprint as the guide. i have some pictures on ls1 tech of my just finished 1948 ls1 5speed truck.......i will try to get a few on here.......hope to see you on the road.
rog540wag is offline   Reply With Quote