View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
rollinrooster

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
You sir are a stand-up guy for your responses and I think what you've done is great. I seems to clear up what everybody was wondering, if this is common information re-packaged or not and it sounds like these are your original plans. If you put your effort into helping other people in this hobby and they're willing to pay for it then who can fault you? Free enterprise at it's best, there is no ethical quandry here for me. Although I wouldn't pay for the information because like you said we all have different abilities motivations, I personally know people that would be happy to have the information. I was talking to a hot rodder friend last week, who contributes tech articles to books that his friend publishes on hot rodding that can be found at any bookstore. He's old and savvy on the internet. They make money from the books but they didn't invent wiring, bodywork, etc, just decided there was a market to help explain it more clearly. When somebody wants to know how to wire his hot rod and can go to the library for a book with glossy photos and step-by-step instructions and are willing to pay for it I say win-win.

I think many of the posters are wondering why people aren't motivated to find some this information on their own, there could be alot of reasons for that but bottom line is not everybody knows/likes/enjoys internet forums or google searches. Last weekend we visited a wealthy friend who just retired and has bought a shop and loaded it with classics. He tinkers, builds, and has some cool cars but never spends time on the internet. He is smart enough to find anything on the internet but he chooses to do things the old fashioned way. He's searching for a frame for his '64 el camino but will do it by word-of-mouth, newspaper classifieds, country cruising, etc. That's just his style. He's the kind of guy that would (and could without blinking) pay for a set of AD truck on S-10 frame plans. Even if I printed every thread ever written about it and delievered it to him, he still would.

There is something to this mentality though...I was telling Grant Peterson (Classic Trucks) about this forum when I met him at a show and he laughed and said "Yeah, I don't do the internet because it sucks you in and leaves no time to work on my trucks". So true!

Remember we're a smally community with common interests...if you like AD trucks on S-10 frames then you're ok in my book and welcome to the board!
Well Said.
rollinrooster is offline   Reply With Quote