View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
jstplyn331

Re: '72 Blazer 4wd getting all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970BLZCST View Post
What modifications did you have to do to the CPP LS Crossmember, awesome build by the way! I'm just gettting started on my 70 CST 4x4, I've got the LS 6.0 and 4L60E ready to go just trying to decide on a crossmember
The Crossmember is nice for the price it has the nicest plates I have come accessed with no modification of the Alternator bracket. And all the grade 8 hardware. LOL Listen to me sound like I work for the company.

As far as the modification you will have to cute the bar down. to make it fit in-between the rales.

And then from there it is up to you. I am join to make separate plates to weld inside the rales and with the crossmember bar welded to that. After ordering 2 other conversion kits and Even the one from CPP. I came across this one.

The funny story I even called CPP to explain what I was doing. And they were going to sale me there tubular LS conversion kit as they call it. I ran into a forum about conversions and read it is only for 2wd. I was fired up when I cancelled as I had searched for over 2 months trying to find a kit. Then I went a searching again. Came across this one "FROM CPP" on EBAY and well it works great can't believe they don't tell 4wd people about it. But anyway it worked out Sorry about the rant. I love the challenge hate the stupidity.