View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #38
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

I am moving quickly to the next step. After purchasing the mid boxing plate material last week, we removed the cab and engine, all the cross members, and began filling unnecessary holes, welding in all the weld nuts, and welding in the clamping locations for hoses and wires. By next week I hope to have the frame mounted on a frame rotisserie to do final welding and grinding.

I had the opportunity to spend some time with Pastor Roger Hogan last week. He has a 55 Ford F-100 that won (I believe 1st place) truck of year last year (either at the Goodguys or NSCA - whichever is the big one). He had to qualify top places at several major car shows to be eligible to enter the big competition. He gave me some VERY good advice about things I would not have thought of. He suggested moving the battery and master under the cab to clean up the focal point. He had some really good ideas. It was well worth my time on several levels! If you get a chance, Google "Roger Hogan 55 Ford F-100" and you will be impressed - even if we are mostly Chevy guys on this forum!
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote