Thread: Updated Pics
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: Updated Pics

Yeah,I've only recently bought things online. I started collecting stuff way before I ever touched a 'puter. I agree,the fun is in the hunt.

I've had my '90 Heritage since new. It was the last stripped down one and as you know the first Fatboy. Mine get's mistaken for a Fat Boy a lot. It's just clean,custom,and low with a true Harley vibe. I mean all the changes are pretty much early Harley pieces. But,a dresser would suit me more these days,too. It used to have three sets of ghost flames under black cherry. After I messed the back fender up and was tired of painting the whole bike every time something happened,I went with black. So now I can rig up some hard bags and fairing like you did. I always thought about it but would have had to when it got painted...and it would be a much more expensive paint job. I've gone on some long rides with just my jacket strapped to the bars. I have some big early Heritage bags I used a couple times but don't really like the look and they're a pain to install now with it so low. I also have some replica Indian bags made for Softails,but again,don't want the fringe and stud thing any more. I'd like to pick yer brain for any tips on how you went about making the bags work,if you don't mind. They're Harley FL bags,right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote