View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #85
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

I ended up picking up those seats. The quality far exceeds my expectation for the price. Very nice pieces. I called for pricing on the bare seats. The price difference was only down to 280 each.

Also, Looking at the steering column I had already, The top plastic piece was cracked, and I didnt like how long it was, limiting how low i could get the steering shaft to go through the firewall. I started looking into the shorty Ididit columns, then remembered that the ones I knew of didn't have the ignition switch in the column. I started looking around, and I did find that Ididit just came out with both the 12" and the 16" shorty columns with ignition switches. Those were right around 500 bucks each though. Little too steep for my liking so I kept looking. Summit racing of all places, had keyed columns. No shorty ones, but 28". 6" shorter than the one I had. I still might try cutting it down a but, but I'll mock it up how it is and see if I like it enough. The summit one is right at 350! It also comes with a steering wheel adapter. Also it seems like a very nice piece.

Other than front control arms, my money spending is pretty much done! I know there will be many little things here and there that will add up, but this is about it for the big stuff. This weekend I'm hoping I can get up north to work on it a bit. We'll see, I might be painting my dads motorcycle parts!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote