View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
jeffro2

Re: My Scale RC 4x4 Bowtie's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 SWB View Post
Outstanding work, are most of your modified bodys baised on Tamiya kits (Clodbuster, Lunchbox, etc.)? Makes me want to do something with an old Blackfoot I have kicking around. Would you be willing to show us some chassis pics or show us some details of your next build? It would be awesome to get someone who does resin models to do larger R/C size bodies (like a 67 chevy)!
Thank you, vey much.

Yes, I use the Tamiya Clod Buster as a base for my Blazers and Chevy Crewcabs..The Van is actually the grill and front fenders from the clod also.

I don't mind showing pics of details of builds, as long as know one else cares. I am in the middle of a build now, would you like me to show the build thread in this "scale" part of the forum ??

Please excuse the Ford, but this is my Blackfoot.

This is the chassis for the 75 Blazer I'm building. Its not exact, but more of, what I need to make everything else work, shocks, axles, leaf springs, etc..

This is what I pick up on ebay..only problem is, they are 30 plus years old, and collectible, so its hard to chop them up sometimes..

and this is another homamde frame

These, I bought from RC4WD, but I usually use Tamiya'a highlift ot TLT axles..(Tamiya axles are a little less expensive)

And before I forget, I use sheets of styrene plastic to build my bodies. There was a gentleman in Coloado who just did some resin casting of a 41 Dodge, but it seems to be a little expensive and too much work for me...

This was the 64 Crewcab in the beginning, (and, I cannot find the thread over here, of the 64 I used as a basis for this build)

This is the interior of the LUV

I have tons more pictures of stuff on my Flickr accnt if anyone is interested.

EDIT = Just have to show you guys...this thing is fun, My 8x8

And for size comparison

Last edited by jeffro2; 02-22-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling, and add another pic.
jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote