View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #25
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Got a few more parts.

Wonder what's in the big box?

New trans crossmember! My old one was going to rub the x-pipe, so I needed one that sat level or just above frame rail height.

2010 Camaro SS manifolds. I got a decent deal on these. I figure if they're good for 430 HP LS3s, they'll be fine on my LS1. Plus, I didn't have to buy $500 headers. They came with heat shields, but I'll leave them off. I may knock down the mounting tabs and smoth these off when I know for a fact they will work.

Got some stock 5.3 valve covers. Here they are cleaned up and the coil pack mounting tabs removed.

Filled the holes with JB Weld. I plan to just paint these and run them for now. I may get some dressier VCs later.

Test fitting stuff. here's the motor mounts and adapter plates.

Manifolds held on with a couple bolts.

And here's the stock frame stands just bolted to the mounts. I have about 1/4" clearance on the drivers side, but they rub on the pass. side.

So, I ordered these to take of that problem.
http://www.performanceonline.com/196...RACKETS-16820/

Not pictured yet is the starter I received last week. I've bought a used custom COMP Cam and a truck accessory drive system from private sellers on LS1Tech.com. They should be on their way. I'm going to order my intake, fuel pump, and aluminum radiator today. Hopefully they will be in by the end of the week!

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote