View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #147
trevrolet65

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwolff98 View Post
Got some more work done on the dash panel today and very happy with the results to date. I am going to have to redo the brackets with some thicker aluminum l bracket so I can tap the holes for 6-32 socket head stainless cap is the only real change I can see that I need to make to it now. That will allow the tapping and bolting of the faceplate in but also give it a little more rigidity in mounting to prevent flexing of the panel once the gauges are in place. For the outside edges of the plastic I am going to my machinist and have him cut out some 1/8 inch thick stainless for a surround for the panel and possible the gauges as well will have to see when I get the gauze holes cut out and go from there.

Sean
lol I just got to looking at my dash and see something that will bring the lower panel together on the left you see the old radio knob I recycled into the dash. I need to get a stainless button head cap bolt to go in there and I just looking at the pictures saw a matching hole on the other side with a plug in it.. chuckles. I happen to have another of those radio knobs laying around to put there and both sides will match perfectly!!@!!
The left radio knob is the oil slick, the right is the passenger eject, lol.
trevrolet65 is offline   Reply With Quote