View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #122
65Custom

Re: Project truck dream 65"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguini View Post
Well.........next set of pics show the steering column back in.The tilt column is out of a 73 Chev van,used an upgrade kit for the flasher,signal and tilt arm.Still waiting for the shorty shift arm,which was a cool find and will work well with a smaller wheel.

Also in is .....the new steering wheel.....only a year to make a choice on that...............,(I think its time to go see a shrink ) gauge cluster and pedals.

At the same time the dash was being modified,I opted to smooth all of the spotwelds around the top perimeter of the firewall.I have seen a few trucks with this step skipped and thought it looked unfinished,so Im glad the time was taken to do it !
I made beauty rings for the top of the defrost vents,a nice little addition that matches the rest of the Vintage air vents/louvers.

Sun visors were pulled from a later model Chev C10. I wanted to have the pivot hook so the visor didn't vibrate when going down the road.This truck only came with a drivers side visor from the factory,to have both sides now is a bonus !
The visor arms were modified so they sit higher than the factory location.I have made mounts for my seats that raise them up 2",so the visors had to be raised out of my site line.

Stay tuned folks,more updates on the way.
Cheers !
That dash is sharp, I really like they way you have done it.

p.s.

can you provide more pics of the visor mods you made

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote