View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #83
y5mgisi
Second Chance Program

Re: My swap. 5.3 into a 1990 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Cooool. Have you got any gas mileage #'s yet? A friend has a very similar 'Burb with the stock TBI 350 and is considering a ls swap. -Thanks, Brian
Im not too sure yet. Im doing a few things to it before i get it on the road. Im really doing all the stuff to it now that i would have done if i never would have had to mess with the motor! So, it still needs new tags before i start cruising it around. Im thinking the first of the month i will start driving it a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgensensc View Post
I'm curious about the gas mileage also. I've got '72 3/4 big block burb that I'm considering this swap on. It is my daily driver and the 7-10 mpg is killing me. I wanted to keep the th400 that I already have, but there aren't many numbers posted on Mileage with that tranny. Most people swap the new tranny in. I'm thinking the th400 would hold up better and be cheaper to replace or fix if it does break down. If I could eventually get a gear vendors unit it would be even better!!! So please post your mileage when possible!
Thanks!!
Shawn
Honestly, im expecting my my milage to go from about 10 average to about 13 average. I dont think it will be a big jump for me but i guess im just keeping my standards low so that im not dissappointed.
y5mgisi is offline   Reply With Quote