View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #155
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Well going to have to work on the carpet some more grrr. When I put the trim plate in for the bottom of the column it made my carpet all cattywhumpus on that side of the truck so time to rework it again lol. Tommorrow night heading to grandview tx to pick up a set of factory 3/4 unmolested leaf springs from a truck the guy is parting out. Any whoare interested in the bugger jump on it he wants 480$ for what is left which is a complete body and frame - axle and trans and leafs, has factory dash closk, ac cab, under bed tire carrier, rear backup lights factory, bb 305v6 enine, radiator and etcs.

apparently I am getting a bonus on the springs teh factory ones had 7 leafs in them in addition to these being factory springs there is an additional set of factory or aftermarket 2 1/4 inch wide overload springs on top of those for 40 for the complete pair.... will have no trailer towing problems once them bad boys are on my truck

Also got the driverside truck seat in last night and set down need to go check my bolt lengths this evening think they may be too long at the moment since I changes the mounting plates underneath the seats will know more in a bit!!!! I used some thinner steel plates under the seats and have full rom back and forth on the tracks without looking like a child on a car booster seat in the truck lol.. Have encountered some rubbing of the console against the seat but will leave that problem for another day lol.

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote