View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #194
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
glad to hear about the Beetle...kinda wish i still had my '63, but with all the traffic around here i'll stick with my automatic S-10 (i'm no manual trans. expert, ha)....and that's interesting about the wheels...i subscribed just so i can keep up with whatever updates are made...but kinda like Scoti, it looks like i'll be sticking with 15's, lol
Yeah, I'll probably stick with my stock 15's until I figure out what I'm going to do about wheels. I eventually want to go with bigger brakes that will make bigger wheels necessary though. The 12" discs it has now already require a 1/4" spacer to clear the 15's. The Titan rims aren't going to work after all since the offset is all wrong and no way to fix them. I'm kind of itching for lightweight 18/19" forged three peice wheels but I'd really rather have something more original/classic looking.

I don't think I could drive an automatic daily, I'd go crazy! Our whole family only owns one automatic car, so I grew up driving stick and still love the extra driver interaction and the ablity to always to be in the right gear at the right time- something an auto can't always do.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote