View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #199
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Since there no physical progress being accomplished, I'll post the "mental progress".

When I bought the truck it came with an old Esso filling station key chain, and the previous owner told me the history of the truck. It was bought new by a guy that started working at our local downtown Esso station when he was in high school. He eventually took over the station when the station owner retired. I've had a few guys tell me that they remember the truck being parked at the station, and usually inside if there was room for it. When he passed away (around '08) a family member got it and kept it until our mechanic bought it.

So I'm thinking about doing some door art (?) with an Esso logo and the old address and phone number. I don't think I want it to cover a large part of the door though, like most guys have on their doors. Or I may not even put anything on the sides of the truck and just use the corner of the tailgate. Either way, I want to somehow get an Esso logo and the "Thomas Esso Station" name on the truck somewhere but do it more tastefully than the typical door art.

Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote