View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: LS Engine install in a 64-66 Chevy truck

To answer your questions:

You need adapter plates to mate to the stock engine frame mounts fairly easy to get everybody and there brother are making em now.

You may need a spacer plate for that trans am not sure. Call bowtie overdirves he can tell you.

The tv cable also contact bowtie he has some kits I believe for adapting to the 200r4.

Yes depinning the harness is a much better way than cutting and soldering especially the reference wires off the sensors. The solder adds resistance to the sensor wires and can mess up the engine computer while running. the power wires and grounds you can cut and solder without any truubles. Are you planning to tackle your own rewiring? If so go to lt1swap.com he has pinouts for most of the cars and trucks systems and even gives a run down on what to keep and not to keep also rigging up relays for the setup as well.
to d pin the harness a couple of jewelers or eyeglass style flat blades work excellent for opening up the pins without damaging things that is how I did a new factory harness on my truck at home. Waiting to get engine reflashed to stock for a running test of the harness.

Question on the headers are you going to run the engine stock or heavily modified? if stock grab a set of 2010 camaro l99 v 8 exhaust manifolds they clear the frame rails nicely. I am using them on my l92 64 gmc truck swap. Doug thorley makes a set of 67-87 headers for this swap also one of the other board members has used them with good results. Personally lol i like cheap the camaro manifolds for the pair cost me 70 bucks lol. I started trolling the camaro 5 forums looking for them as a last ditch factory effort in my truck and they work great. the have 2.5 inch outlets on them.

Sean

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote