Thread: 48 panel truck
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #92
xpickup

Re: 48 panel truck

1950chevytruck, Thank you. The g body frame did work out all right. It is a little wide. I made my own rockers and inner door panels when I did it years ago. I started probably 12 years ago and that was way be i had internet. So I had to make most if my panels.

We have been very busy at work and have been working 7 days a week there so I have not got much done. Last week was 64 hours and this week was 65 but I still have been working on it. I made the brackets for the front bumper and have that on now. I want to smooth it out by welding the bolts to the inside plus raise it a inch. The front bumper is only a little over 4 inch so I will cheat an inch that way. I may have to take of the drop spindles but I will try it first. Now the whole thing is on jack stands because the front wheels (Boss 338s) do not fit the discs without spacers so I am taking them to work and I will chuck them up on a lathe and return the dia. where they hit. I also have the back wheels off so I can put on the back disc brakes. I pulled the axle out and have to cut up the backing plate to make a spacer out of it, unless I feel like just making a new one if I have the right material.
I only have 2 months till the street rod show is in town so I have a lot of things to do to at least get it on the road.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote