Thread: '70 c10 lq4
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #37
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: '70 c10 lq4

Minor update: been scrounging some parts here and there and with you guys' 'support' in mind, I ran across a package deal on '06 TBSS exhaust manifolds, cam and 'yellow' valve springs and couldn't pass it up. Not sure if I wanna use the LS2 cam or not at this point, since it would require a timing cover switch to accommodate the cam position sensor- we'll see what pops up for sale in the coming days. Thinking an LS6 cam would be decent for a stock grind, without breaking the bank or having to move the CMP...

Had to try the manifolds on for aesthetics- I must say they look much better without the heat shields attached. Thinking of doing a cast grey ceramic coat... Also got my CarShop 1" setback mount adapters- the finish on them leaves LOTS to be desired, looks like they stuck them in the box before the paint dried, but they were priced right and fit perfectly. The mounting holes are offset to make up for the thickness of the plates and they are clearanced to require no grinding to the block or mounts, unlike many I've seen for sale. They don't, however, leave any room for factory compressor mounting, so I also picked up a KWIK Performance top mount A/C bracket to accommodate my Sanden compressor- hoping it puts it close enough to my current serpentine setup that I won't have to modify the hoses. Still waiting for the CTS-V/LSA oil pan to arrive- at least I can say my oil pan has 550hp!

Pics, cause you can't have an update without em- I love having truck parts in the living room
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-08-2012 at 12:12 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote