View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
68C10HotRod

Re: Project - FrankenBurb in NE

Well there's no pics but I have made a fair amount of progress. Installed motor & got the important stuff hooked up to fire it for break-in. THAT was FUN!! Now the headers are back on & all the front end wiring is done. The rear is wired but it's just crimped together inside the rear - but it does all work. Had a draw on the battery that sucked it dry overnight - ended up being inside the Alternator. Got some rubber on it & painted the rallys deep red to match the body. Working to install my 52 Bel-Air hub caps at some point. Been working on aftermarket gauges for now. Sticking with OEM speedo but putting aftermarket tach in the fuel gauge location. Also aftermarket (fuel, water temp, oil press, batt) in the lower 4 holes. Hoping to drive it over for exhaust next week so I can finally get it on the road.

She still needs a lot of things done, but I'm just dying to drive it so I'll have to whittle away at the little things & just get it on the road.

Stealthy, Wahoo swap meet is Apr 22. I'll probably go. LMK if you want to.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” - Benjamin Franklin
"And those who know what's best for us, Must rise and save us from ourselves" - RUSH lyric (mockery)
68C10HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote