View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

Into the next day...with pulling the a/f gauges, the MSD box, etc....of course there was wiring changes on the inside.

in mocking up I checked clearance...and its either just barely touching the hood...or not.

so...I reworked the original wiring on the drivers side (which is going to be placed behind the fender), moved the Painless Circuit Boss toward the front, and grouped in an new wires...which came out cleaner then it was before.

then I mounted the new relays and fuse panel on the passenger side, and bolted the ecm/tcm together thru one bolt in the inner fender to hold them for now...until I get a shelf built that will hold them until the truck gets a/c and I flush the firewall

that left reworking the CAI...its not all locked down yet....still adjusting.

and with everything in under the truck and under the hood installed, hooked up, plumbed, etc.....it was time to push the pedal harness thru the firewall and push the pins into the connector, and connect the foot pedal. After that....its key on! I will need to get another pedal tho...or make a big base for this one so for now the pedal assembly is just laying in place.

So I'm looking at the schematic and pushing the pins into the connector when I get to the last pin.......and its bent! As I tried to bend it back...it just snapped in the middle. AAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

so.....I pushed it back over to the side and wait for parts.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote