Thread: 48 panel truck
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #111
xpickup

Re: 48 panel truck

Next was the wipers. And what a pain in the A$$. I bought the Its A Snap ones a couple of years ago, and if I had it to do over I would used the factory ones and used the Blazer rear hatch motor and went that route. I will have to make custom defroster vents because that is where the wiper transmissions are. I wanted them to work like the factory ones do, so one had to be mounted one way and the other the opposite way. I cheated and used poly line instead of the aluminum tube for the bends and the area tying the transmissions together. I just made stub pieces to go into it. I mounted the motor in the passenger side lower cowl. I think I have to change the stroke on them but at least they go back and forth. I used the factory outside pieces so the angle of the wipers was right. I cut off the the end and then drilled out the hole on a lathe so the new wiper transmission would go into it. Then had to shorten it up about 3/8 of a inch. They are 54 ones. That was one of the many thing I got rid of years ago that I should not have! I also bought aluminum wiper arms also.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote