View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
OneOffStroker

Stroker's Build (5.3/4L60E in a '69)

Well, I decided to finally set up a full build thread. I've had the truck for almost 3 months, and it's been in the garage for 4 weeks now. I hoped to have it done already, but it was plagued with rust that I just couldn't turn away from. So...I fabbed a new firewall that ran down the floorpans and also fixed some rocker panel rust and redesigned the cowl.

I took apart the whole front clip while I was at it and freshened it all up. I replaced EVERYTHING except the crossmember and control arms. The worst part of the build so far was finding a 1 11/16 socket to tighten the new lower control arm shafts. I didn't enjoy that at all. Also new up there are 3" lowering springs, 2.5" drop spindles with 11" disc brakes, new ball joints, tie rods w/ adjusters, idler arm, as well as polyurethane sway bar bushings and bump stops.

Then I primed and painted everything with Rustoleum rusty metal primer or bare metal primer, and then it got a couple coats of gloss white enamel everywhere. The suspension and steering parts got coated in Dupli-Color Cast Iron Grey Engine enamel.
Attached Images

OneOffStroker is offline   Reply With Quote