View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #239
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
No wonder I can't find any ( tach dash ) man hope you feel better.
Ya snooze, ya lose! I'm pretty much back to normal, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
A couple of great scores. I'm looking to pick up a t56. I'm a ways off from needing it but I'm always looking. I hope I get as lucky as you did. By the way, the steering wheel is looking great. I picked up a 65 car wheel that I'm restoring. I used the same epoxy and it turned out great. I haven't painted mine yet. Have you decided on what paint to use?
Thanks, I'll be lightly spraying it with Bull Dog adhesion promoter first, then a coat of PPG DP90 over the whole wheel. I'll let that sit a day, scuff it, and then shoot Slick Sand over everything except the textured area. I'll dry sand the slick sand smooth with 120/180 grit, then spray a coat of K36 high build and wetsand it with 500. I think I'm going to use Spies Hecker just like I did on the blue '65 since I'm familiar with it and had good results with it on the '65s interior. I'll do base/clear on the wheel even though they weren't shiny from the factory; if I used a satin finish it would get worn spots and eventually turn shiny around the rim from use. This way it'll keep an even shine all over, and I like the contrast from the satin interior to the glossy wheel and column.

Here's the wheel and column in the '65.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote