View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #243
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

First off, big thanks to chevyrestoguy for donating the super hard to find air pressure gauge decal!! Nobody is currently selling decals that include the air pressure or vacuum gauge decals, and chevyrestoguy had the air decal left over from a set he had. Thanks so much!!

I had a slow day at work after lunch so I got a good start on restoring the gauge cluster. I had already bought a decal set off ebay for the other gauges, and bead blasted the housing and gauge mounts. Krylon makes a green paint that is a very close match for the inside of the housing, and I cleared the outside like the factory did. The wiring cleaned up good with 3M adhesive cleaner, then I wiped it down with Duragloss Vinyl and Rubber dressing to bring the color out and darken the black peices. I've still got to make the "Tand'm Lock" and "Over Speed" lenses and get them installed, and put new bulbs in the bulb holders. The air gauge doesn't sit exactly level in the opening so I've got to straighten that out as well. I'm pretty stoked with how it's turned out so far!

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote