Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #97
Denee007

I think this will work! ; )

Hi Ya'll! I had a pretty good day! I first want to THANK, all those involved helping me! Your support gives me strength! So, Thank YOU all! ; )

Simple enough, eh! I cut off 1" of the engine support at the bottom, welded that part back on top, but looks like it could add a little support to the support. I had moved the supports forward a half inch, but then after the tranny was in, and leveled, I moved the supports back to the original spot. I hadn't tack welded them in yet.

This poor shot of the tranny and the next crossmember, I still think will need
"adjusting". The inch taken off of the engine support didn't seem to translate so much to the tailshaft. I guess I'll be modifying that support.

Engine shot: The supports are tacked in, the tranny is attached here and supported by my Little Mule. When I'm thoroughly pleased with where I have the mounts, I'll weld them in permanently ; ) Then maybe work on boxing the front and rear of the engine compartment.

below: Not sure if I'm going to use this fan, I had it left over from the Impala doner car. The fan clutch is shot! The mock up harmonic balancer is about 1" thicker than the one on my real engine, it puts the crankshaft pully further out, this will be remedied when the real engine is installed (someday).
* So how do I know what radiator to order. Orrie, you mentioned the 6 cyl or 8 cyl. I will be running AC. I see them on Ebay for a couple hundred or so? I'm not going for a Griffin this time!

Last edited by Denee007; 05-02-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added info
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote