theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Gorgeous man, pure jewelry.
Thanks dude!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
You do some great work. I love your attention to the smallest details.
Thanks alot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Man, that gauge cluster turned out AWESOME! You are a true pro at what you do, and donating that air gauge overlay was my pleasure. I knew it was going to a good home.....

I always look forward to your progress!
I appreciate that, and thanks again for the decal!! I'm definitely not a pro, just trying to do my best at whatever I'm doing.

Tonight I worked on getting the steering wheel sanded and ready for a couple coats of surfacer, and also started on grooving the wheel for the chrome rings. I've got one ring in it, just got to finish the other one and it'll be ready to prime and paint. The column parts will get prepped next so they can be painted the same time the wheel. That way all everything for the column will be finished and ready to install when that time comes.

Amazingly enough, the wheel sanded out nearly perfectly the first time with only four small pinholes to spot fix. I figured it would have taken atleast a couple rounds of priming and sanding to get it ready for surfacer.

I taped some string across the wheel to get an idea of where the top center was, then laid out fine line tape to make guide lines for the grooves. I've still got to slightly round the edges of the grooves so they're not so sharp, and also make sure there's clearance for the primer and paint, but it's a start.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote