View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #265
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
that's a tough call...but if the outside is staying original, i think i'd try hard to keep the inside original...maybe you can fauxtina any areas that are showing after fixing rusty areas...i really like a clean interior, and i've seen a couple nice examples of redone interior with original outside...but at the same time, i think it takes away a little bit of the truck's character
Well, that's the thing; the outside has been repainted in the past (late 70's/early 80's?) so it's not really original, just old enough to become worn and patina'd again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable666guy View Post
Just found this thread, nice work!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
After following both of your threads for some time now, I don't think you'll ever be satisfied with the interior anything but fully restored and I say go for it. Make it right. Besides, then I get to watch as you work your magic that much more.
I think you're right, I probably wouldn't be happy with it later on, and I'd always kick myself for not doing it while it was apart and easy to do. But, parts of it (like the seat) make me want to keep it original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
After looking back at the entire build thred, I would leave the original interior paint and just fix the spots that have rusted through. Its only original once.
It is original inside, but the paint is pretty badly stained and I don't know how it will clean up yet. I'll try to clean it up and see what it looks like before I make a final decision, but I'm leaning towards redoing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
Hate to say but I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
i agree too, with the work with the steering wheel, the floor patch and the gauge cluster, might as well paint it!
Those parts would kinda look out of place against the old paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
resto it. Dunn... now get to work... :-)
Gotta finish the frame first... just thinking out loud and getting yall's opinions right now. Although you're welcome to come down and get a head start on it anytime you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
I am aboard
Awesome!!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote