View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #268
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
That's too bad, compromise sucks I was looking forward to that six. Unfortunately when you have a high hp number in mind concessions need to be made. The LS is a great platform, I came close to going that way, but found a good price on the motor I really wanted at the last minute. In the end the performance is all that matters, go LS and get what you want hp wise.
I really like the dash lights, an over speed lens would be a great place for a small shift light. Wonder if it would be bright enough to grab your attention. Great work.
I really wanted to see the six in the truck too, mainly because I didn't want a cookie cutter V8 though. Of course the destroked 5.3 with four dellorto's won't be anywhere near normal. I hadn't thought about the shift lights in the dash, I'll take the tandem lock out and swap it for a yellow "SHIFT" lens. I can put higher wattage bulbs in them and make the light tubes out of more reflective aluminum. Could hook the red over speed light to come on with the rev limiter. Great idea, thanks!!
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote