View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #275
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Thanks guys, I've decided that I'm gunno go with the LS engine. The 250 would be extremely cool, but after getting more feedback from the inliner guys, it just doesn't seem feasible as a street engine. I'm looking for a L33 5.3 since they had aluminum blocks and cylinder head castings that are nearly identical to LS6 heads. I'll probably run it stock for awhile then build it later on. I want to get this thing running!

The LS will eventually be detailed like an original 283 or 327 would have been with painted block/heads/intake, stamped steel accessory brackets, hidden coils, I'll fab some "Chevrolet" script valve covers, cast iron headers, and the carbs will be gold phosphate plated with fake oil bath air filters.

I found another cheap T56 on craigslist that's from a LS1 Camaro for $700 bucks since the one I've got is from a LT1 car and wont work. MalibuKasey wants the LT1 T56 for his truck, so that worked out well for both of us. I've bought two T56's for about what one is going for on Ebay! The factory tach also won't work with the LS motor's higher redline, so I'll check into getting it silkscreened and the internals reworked to go to 10k rpm. I want it to read "0 2 4 6 8 10" instead of "0 1 2 3 4 5" with the original font style, colors, and layout.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote