View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #277
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebeetx View Post
Unless you are dead set on carbeurating(sp) the 5.3, Mast Motorsports make an awesome intake with throttle body and fuel rails. The first time I saw the set up, with hidden coils, I would have sworn it was a SBC. It had a very lumpy cam with an old school cam sound, yet it retained the great mileage and made incredible HP.
Posted via Mobile Device
My whole idea of going with four webers was to get away from the rough idle/lope normally associated with big cams and plenum manifolds, and because I have zero experience with efi. The individual runners in the manifold keeps the intake charge from being influenced by reversion from other cylinders, which keeps the idle smooth and boosts driveability. That means I can run more duration to increase top end power while retaining low end torque and smoothness. There are individual throttle body efi intakes available, but they cost atleast $3500 and I wouldn't be able to tune it. I can tune webers with a $200 buck wideband air/fuel gauge/datalogger myself- that's less than a tune on a dyno cost and I can tune it for any kind of driving conditions, not just dyno pulls. MSD makes a simple LS ignition controller that is programmed with a laptop, and also has a MAP sensor for added advance at cruise for better mileage and throttle response.
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote