Thread: 1963 C-10 in NC
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #70
McMurphy

Re: 1963 C-10 in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
My Grandfather lived with me for the last 6 years until his passing at the age of 86 in Sept 2011. He served 33 years in the Navy from 1942-1974, serving in WWII, Korean Conflict and Vietnam. He was buried here at Ft. Bragg in Sandhillls Veterns Cemetary. I miss his stories of the War and the times, they are a truely lost generation. Anybody who has the opportunity to speak to WWII vets should take up the honor as we lose more everyday. He is missed greatly. My father is reitred Army 24years. He retired out of 3rd Group Special Forces here at Bragg. So I have always been a military brat. Im proud of my family members anbd there service and I appreciate the sacrifice that all service members have made. I thank you for your service also....and any other members who read this.
I could not agree more with what you are saying!
I wish now I had paid more attention on those few occasions when my dad would talk about it. I can only remember a few stories that he had told of his time in the Navy, now all those tales and experiences are gone forever.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote