View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
chevy72blu

"Re-purposed" 2 core aluminum radiator?

Hey folks,

I've been asking a lot of questions lately and is one of the few that I have left.

I've decided that im for sure going to a 5.3/4l60e in my 72. Back when I was doing the big block swap, I bought a new Griffin aluminum 2 core. It has been sitting unused... At first, I thought I needed an LSX specific rad, but some google-fu has revealed that people are making the stock ones work (I have a stock 72' copper 4 core also... Which would be nice as I dont have to fab mounts).

I dont have the specs in front of me, but will the Griffin rad work? edit: Actually this is my OLD radiator which I sent back for a replacement - inlet/outlet was on the wrong side. Its the same rad only with them reversed.

Along with this fan setup (which also has been sitting unused)

I've read that I need to drill a hole for the "steam port" in the water pump. Can someone tell me what the function of this is, and is there a faq/picture thread on how to do it?

Will a standard overflow canister work or do I need something else? Now that I have fuel down (Boyd's tank, in take pump, external vette regulator), this is my last big ticket issue.

Edit again: It looks like I need both inlet and outlet on the right side? Maybe im better off just selling what I have and buying one of theses http://www.entropyrad.com/index.php?...d&productId=21

Last edited by chevy72blu; 06-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote