View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #74
63GMCKid

Re: '63 GMC 4x4 "Just Because I can" Build

Time for some more updates....

I ended up lowering the case down about 1'' from where I had it set up before, mostly to help driveline angles, and so I wouldn't have to hack up the floor of my cab so much. Lowered it down into the frame, looked pretty good.

Then I realized that I had all of 3/16'' of clearance between the rear output housing and the cross member....

So I put some extra clearance in. I also cut the tubes and welded sleeves on, still have to drill them and the short tubes. What this setup does is it lets me pull the short tubes on the passenger side, then slide everything over, and down out of the frame, with the transfer case attached.

And I started on a bell housing mount/cross member. Mocked up and tacked together....

This part of it is finished now, just have to add tabs to the frame for this to fit into.

I figured now might also be a good time to check to see if the trans would clear the tunnel in the cab, so I put my mock up cab on the frame, looks like I'll have a little more cutting to do on the floor, the cab wasn't even far enough back and down to get the cab mount bolts through.

More updates coming soon, stay tuned!