View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #296
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Update on the engine plans, and a change to the planned 140 mph speedo. I'm not going to use a L33 5.3 block- they can't be bored much at all. Leaving the stock bore would make it around 290 CI, so it probably wouldn't make enough torque to pull the truck around. I've decided to go with a 4" bore LS2 block (still with a 4.8 crank) to make 329 CI. I'll probably go with LS3 heads since they flow plenty and have hollow intake valves that will work well with the 8500 RPM limit.

I worked on the Speedo graphics today to send Jason at Greenback Decal (the guy that's building the tach and speedo graphics). I changed it to 15 mph increments from the original 10 mph increments so I could keep the same spacing and amount of characters. So it goes to 150 mph instead of the 140 mph I was planning on, and keeps the original hash marks on the speedo face. The problem I had with 140 mph was trying to squeeze the extra 110, 120, 130, and 140 characters onto the lens while keeping the original 10 mph increments- it would be too crowded that way. It kinda looks too busy with the 15 mph increments, but I haven't come up with any other way to do it.

Thoughts and suggestions? Leave it at 150mph with 15mph increments? Or? Anybody want to donate a LS2 block?

An original 100 mph speedo with 10mph increments. I really like the way every number ends in a zero.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote