View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Above Ground lift questions

Ok
I am looking into getting a lift for the garage to make things much easier on my failing body. Over the years I have never been much impressed with the 2 post lifts. That said, I stopped at Greg Smith Equipment last Friday just nosing around with the intention of buying a blasting cabinet. Well, I never made it to look at them since they had the lifts assembled and on display.

The 1st one to catch my attention was an Atlas Garage Pro 9000 4 post lift.It comes with a jack tray, caster kit and three plastic drip trays and they want $2695 for it. It says I can put my K3500 Dually on it.

After looking it over pretty good I went over to the 2 post lifts ( even though I had already crossed them off in my mind) and the 12k post lift they have set up truely looks like the sturdiest lift I have come across in a long time. It comes with truck adapters and is extra wide and extra tall for $2795 and I could lift my one ton bucket truck with it or my cube truck

Having actually never used either style I would like to ask everyones opinions on the two styles. I am from the old school of my dad that had two frame racks in a 4' concrete pit that u just drove on. Thats not an option now even though I still have one of the racks.

Here are a few answers to some of the questions I know will be asked.

Plenty of room in garage for either style.
1) it's 40x 60 in the main roomwith a 20x 40 addition on one end and a 24x 35 on the other end.
2) Ceilings are 16' so height is not a problem
3) Concrete in the main door area is 10" fiberglass reinforced 3000#
4) All other areas are 6-8" thick. THis was done because of my crane trucks I sometimes work on in the shop.
5) 200 amp electrical service
6) I have bobcat with forks, and a scissor lift so assembly is no problem
7) I will be picking up anything from my wifes Buick Rendevous to my cube truck or my dually but mainly will be using it for my Blazer and panel projects.
8) It will not be an everyday lift, maybe a couple times per week at heaviest

I realize with the 4 post I would still need to buy a rail jack to get the wheels off but I want the safest option as well.

Thanks
Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote