View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #28
clinebarger

Re: Stock air conditioning with LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaaanz67 View Post
Hey clinebarger getting that pag oil out of the compressor will probably be almost impossible as the components inside will still be coated. What oil would one use to refill to be compatible with what's left over inside the compressor? My system was the ARA under dash which was the dealer add on I think my truck is a 69c10 ls conversion. Also when I reinstall this unit should I trigger one or both fans to come on while the a/c is engaged gonna keep it r12 I think or should I go 134? Oh yeah my motor is 06 ls truck motor and compressor thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

PAG OIL (Polyalkylene Glycol) Refrigerant oil made for HFC R-134a systems CANNOT tolerate even minute amounts of chlorides...It will "destroy" any PAG oil thats in the system. Chloride is an ingredient in R-12.

Getting as much PAG oil out as possible....Draining the compressor, Replacing the dryer, & flushing the condenser & evaporator will go a long way. Whatever PAG thats left will "stick" to any aluminum surface it can find....as a black greasy film....Not ideal but doesnt really matter.

R-134a will NOT hold in a ARA unit....They have "flare" type fittings.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote