View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
jhaymon

Re: Best method to remove buffer marks

well it hard to see in a pic, but look more like cheap bulk wax smearing and/or an orbital polisher with left over wax on the bonnet. defiantly doesn't look like a actual buffer was used(there is a big difference in a buffer and a polisher). to detailer a polisher is considered a hand wax. and there is nothing wrong with using one provided the bonnet is new. most places will try to wash them and you just cant do that. i can buy a pack, thats 5 terry cloth bonnets, for 3 bux if i buy in bulk. the wax most places use is a liquid that come in a gallon for 30-50bux. it's then diluted and put in a spray bottle and can be used on about 200 cars that look like crap. i buy a can of hard shell turtle wax for 4 -5 bux and can do 20-30 wax jobs that look like they were put under glass. i can keep all my cars clean and waxed for less than a hundred bux a year. you spend that on one detail job. more if it's actually done right. detail shop rip people off. im so sorry your daughter had to learn that.

try washing with dawn and hand drying it. then go back with a quality carnuba wax. turtle wax, mothers, eagle..ect.