View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #208
72truckman

Re: 1972 Blazer 5.3 E85/ NV4500 5spd 4x4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilljob26 View Post
any chance you have a detailed spec sheet of EVERYTHING you did...lol...this is definetly my inspriration
Actually yes, here is my insurance write up. Hope this helps!:

Restoration of 1972 Chevrolet Blazer CKE182F18XXXX

I have done a nut and bolt, frame off modified restoration of this 1972 Blazer. Almost every part, other than the frame, floor, quarter panels and roof has been replaced. No expense was spared.

The frame was completely stripped and powder coated, along with every other part in the suspension and underbody. The entire underside of the vehicle was undercoated with top quality products.

Every brake line, brake system part, fuel line and parking brake cables were replaced. A 4” Soft Ride Skyjacker full suspension lift (no rear lift blocks) was installed, along with polyurethane mounts wherever there was rubber from the factory. Both axles were rebuilt. All shocks were replaced with Rancho 9000’s.
A custom built aluminum radiator with dual electric fans cool the 2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3 Vortec engine, which required a complete redesign of the fuel system using a 1981 Blazer tank with an aftermarket in tank pump and a corvette fuel regulator. The engine is coupled to a rare 1992 Chevy Silverado NV4500 transmission with a 6.34 1st gear with the stock, but rebuilt, NP205 transfer case. We also upgraded to a full hydraulic clutch system. A Magna flow true dual exhaust with H-pipe sends the fumes straight out the rear through 4” stainless tips.

For bodywork and rust repair: floorboards, partial quarter panels, inner and outer rocker panels, tail light housings, inner fenders, doors, fenders and hood were all replaced. The fender wells were re-radiused to accommodate the new tires. The firewall was completely shaven and smoothed, along with the interior dashboard. All was coated in top quality paint products.
There is ZERO rust left on this vehicle.

We replaced the entire chassis wiring harness with a Classic Update kit (makes use of new blade style OEM fuses). The original Gauge cluster was rebuilt and fully functional. For stereo, we have installed a Sony head unit with kicker speakers all around.

The driver and passenger bucket seats are fully powered and heated, out of a 2006 Chevy Silverado. The rear removable bench seat is from a 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV.

A brand new PPG windshield was installed with rare stainless steel trim in perfect condition.

It is rolling on 35” Pro Comp Xtreme AT tires around 17” KMC XD Addict wheels. We have vehicle specific locking lug nuts for the wheel/ tire combo.

Additionally, the vehicle has many hidden security features such as power cut off and full alarm system.

****SOLD!!!!!**** 1965 GMC 4X4
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=294727
72truckman is offline   Reply With Quote