Thread: 39 truck
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
jhaymon

Re: 39 truck

well i though you were talking about a rear as that is very popular right now for prewar cars right now. builders no longer use the the jag fronts because we've learned what stoping the rotating force of the larger rims does to them. the x type is way to light for any domestic application. the e-type would be the only one that would support the weight of a truck and your pushing it. a mustang front is actually too light for a driver, but after market manufacturers have address the things we as builders had to do before fatman came on the scene. you are telling this guy to build a trailer queen and that erks me.they work great in a pantera or a pre 35 as they weight less than 3000lbs, but the problem come if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a while as i found out. they become troublesome and expensive. front end, rear end, it doesnt matter. ive done this swap several times in the past before an alternative was available. it was a very popular swap on mid 50s ford trucks and well i still have a couple of my 50s fords and ive recently had to cut the jag parts out and replace them with with mustang and vega fronts.