Thread: 39 truck
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
truckeez

Re: 39 truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbailess View Post
just thought I would throw something in...IFS-independent FRONT suspension IRS- independent REAR suspension....if I were going to replace the front suspension in a truck, wanting it to handle, I would look into a corvette based front suspension, they aren't heavy cars, but the parts have been tested on the track....if you want it to ride like a car then use car parts....personally, I like the straight axle in my 46....
depends on wether you are auto cross minded, some of my trucks I want that kind of handling, an everyday cruiser the jag is the best deal out there.
if one starts thinking about delving into corvette based stuff, the main way being pushed-is to have to pay someone like Art Morrison for a complete chassis.
people who want to educate themselves about suspensions -The basics are fundamental and the good place to start is Tex leroy Smiths book about hotrod suspensions. All the fundamental rules are there and they DO NOT CHANGE wehther you are talking about an early ford with a cross leafspring and a straight axle --to c6 corvette based stuuff----as far as the theoretical lines that moving parts ---like steering arm eye holes to rack& P inner pivot points have to pass thru.
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote