View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #317
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Personally, I know nothing of LS engines. Someone once mentioned to me that they do tend to leak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMCCustom View Post
Got that backwards I think.....LSx motors do NOT leak....like a sbc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Right, my sister has a Trailblazer SS with an LS2 and it hasn't leaked a drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
With your eye and level of detail I think you could engrave the shifter knob with a dremel.
Posted via Mobile Device
It would end up being a mess if I tried that lol. I've tried pinstriping before... I won't tell you how badly that went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Gregg View Post
If I can find one, I'll sand the 4/5 speed shift pattern off an original shift knob and have the six speed pattern engraved, filled with white paint, then clear coat it. I don't know anyone that does precision engraving though.

I don't know for sure but you might check with a bowling ball retailer, they engrave names on balls.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's a great idea, and there's a couple local bowling centers that I could check with. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
i like the texture on your dash... i did mine by backing off about a foot with real low air pressure. kept misting color on color till the buildup covered good. i still had to matte clearcoat after the paint dried because to me it felt a bit rough. how did you do yours?
I've only done the test panel so far using SEM Texture Coating. The other pics are the original paint. I may try your method since the SEM is a little too coarse.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote