View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
FFredo

Re: Was it karma? or "Why Glass Fuel Filters Suck"

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.
So it's been over 24 hrs and I'm over the sadness of watching my truck burn.
First a big THANK YOU to the Lemon Grove Fire Dept. response time was supper fast. Although it seemed like forever sitting there and watching it burn. I could hear the sirens getting closer but it all happened in slow motion.
So far as I've taken a few minutes ot check it over. I've come up with the cab is in good shape. But it will be scraped for one I have at home that has never been cut on. So if anyones needs a patch panel cut out let me know you can have it for the price of shipping. Of course the comon areas are crap just like the one you already have, So no lower corners etc.
I think the upper hinge pockets are good. Upper door jams and what not. The dash on this truck was hacked up pretty good by the previous owner. I will post pics later this week for reference. But if you have a dented roof I'm your guy.
On friday I will move a bunch of stuff around my driveway so I can push the truck into the area where the *magic* will happen. Once I do that I'll pull the motor and get it on a stand for the Krylon rebuild. I guess I might as well do the Auto trans swap now and fill the holes in the new cabs fire wall too. All in all it is a huge setback but one that will allow me to do the work I've been neglecting for too long.
Heck this might even be the perfect time to start a build thread!
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote