View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
tallic68

Re: 68 longbed 5.3/4l60e

Need some help with the new tank and sending unit.

I installed a brothers blazer tank and sending unit. Filled it about 4'gallons at home. Then drove to gas station and put 6 gallons in drove it around and then filled it. Like there is gas at gas cap level full. The gauge reads 7/8 full. When I accel it goes to 3/4. When I break it goes to full. So I drove it till it was 1/8 tank. Only got 120 miles. Knew I got bad gas mileage but not that bad. Filled the tank and it popped of at 10.4 gallons. Back to seeing fuel at the gas cap level. Still at 7/8 tank and 3/4 accel and full while breaking. I'm not to worried about the slosh but can you think of why it would be showing 1/8 tank with 10 gallons still in it. Blazer tanks are 21 gallons right so if At the second fill up I put 10 gallons in it there would have been 11 gallons still in it even though it showed 1/8.

With the old tank E was E. it did go above full when I would fill the tank. when I installed the new tank and it didn't go above full I thought changing the sender fixed the problem but now I have a problem with E not being E.

Grounded the tan wire and it went to just below E. tan wire open fuel needle goes to above full to about 3 o'clock position.

Ay suggestions?
Posted via Mobile Device
tallic68 is offline   Reply With Quote