View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Coley

Smile Re: Cheap performance mods thread!

Definitely 'ditto' on the tune-up comments posted by Pro-Street. The other mods (under $200) that come to mind would be either an aluminum intake (dual plane) manifold and/or a set of reasonable exhaust headers. These would/could be economical if bought as quality used....and I'm a big fan of that!!!
Now, back to the carb spacer...that is really interesting. I thought that they were best for high rpm advantage, not lower rpm torque? I'm not sure where I got that 'high rpm advantage' info, it isn't from experience either way.
If that is the case.....hmmmm, I'm going to look into that mod a little further.
Question: what about the aluminum carb spacers? (note: it seems to me that the aluminum ones...which there are a lot of....would transfer heat just like the cast or aluminum intakes....so I'm not sure why the alum. ones would be much good). The phenolic ones (non-metal) sure make a lot more sense for heat isolation to me.
Good thread guys...keep the ideas and feedback comin'.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote