View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #57
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Help with fuel system design for LS1 install

Quote:
Originally Posted by High ho silverado View Post
I'm curious about the sender attachment that was asked earlier, on the older senders how are the hoses being attached, I was thinking of flaring the lines and using an fittings to braided hose, haven't seen any picks of this and was jus curious, ill b using a factory sending unit for an 87 tank with my pump, jus curious how others are doing this, glock didn't cover that in his section, jus that he used 87 tanks, also curious what pumps he used in that set up too. Thanks for any help.
Posted via Mobile Device
As far as attaching the fuel line and the return lines to the sending unit, I just used regular fuel injection rated hose clamps. I used them in the fuel filter/regulator too.

I used an 87 sending unit, which is already fuel injected, so the in-tank pump I used was just a simple R&R. The pump part # is listed in my thread..... somewhere. Lol. It's an OEM AC Delco pump. And those OEM pumps have been working fine with zero issues.

Now, if you are using 86 and earlier sending units, you will be better off using an external pump.
Posted via Mobile Device

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote