Thread: Project Texa Go
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #30
Billett

Re: Project Texa Go

So I posted the video, but just realized I never wrote what actually happened. It was quite an adventure. Dropped the truck off on Monday, got it back Thursday. Ram horns to an x-pipe to dual super 44's, over the axle and out the back, 2.5" crush bent piping. Sounds fantastic. Friday I took it over to my Uncle's to fix what I was told was a rear main seal leak. It was not... just a rear main seal leak. Found out that it was the rear main and an oil pan gasket, which I didn't have at the time. Also while we were in there we discovered a few other things... The reason I had no backup lights was because there was no wire leading to the trans at all. My brand new exhaust was run right where my rear bump stops used to be. The guy literally took the bump stops out and ran the pipe right there, and forgot to mention it to me. I already put a decent dent in one side... Oh and to top it off I was apparently missing a particularly important piece of clutch linkage AND I'd been driving it around for months without a pilot bearing!! I mean the trans is all original with all the little safety plates and everything put back on, but no pilot bearing!!! Long weekend later and we got it all fixed up by Tuesday. My uncle even tried a softer clutch spring since the pedal is so damn heavy, but it didn't change anything so he thinks I may have some sort of HD clutch. Any ideas? Anyway, she's all better now and driving smoother than ever. Next step is to get a set of trim rings. After that who knows...
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote