View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #52
whitels1

Re: 81 K5 "Arctic Blaze" H.O. 5.3 / SM465 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ReAcT x View Post
I give you props for doing all the wiring yourself. That would drive me nuts, you definitely have a talent. I wish i would have seen your thread before i went and bought the 5.3 Erod package. I do have a question though. I just mounted the engine and transmission and i was gonna bolt the stock manifolds on the engine but the drivers side manifold hits my slave cylinder for the sm465. I see you used the f-body manifolds. Those are camaro manifolds correct? i know thats a silly question but i cant find any online. Did you just go to the junk yard and yank them yourself or buy them online?

And also do those manifolds clear the slave cylinder? If you have any picks i would definitely appreciate that
Thanks. I had my manifolds laying around, they were off of my 99 Z28, and should be fairly easy to find on ebay etc. I would go with the 2000 - 2002 to avoid having to plug the air and egr ports. I am using a hydraulic throwout bearing so I did not run into any clearance issues, it does look like the driver side F-body manifold will give you room, here are a few pics, hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
Good job on the swap! I really like your one sensor at a time approach on the harness!
Thank you.

GoldyLS1 K20 Build

My K10 Rock Crawler

-Dave
whitels1 is offline   Reply With Quote