View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #105
tincan1966

Re: Inline 250 - T3 Turbo - w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher racing View Post
Your damn right, TLOWE is a wealth of (tested & proven) knowledge. Just watch your boost level with a compression ratio in that range.

I see you are from Indy, KS. I grew up in Pittsburg, KS and played those INDY tigers in high school. We always had a battle on our hands!

Go for it with the turbo, you won't regret it.

All the best,

Shad
My target boost range is only about 5-7 PSI. Installing ARP head stud kit, as well as using the Mercruiser marine head gasket set. HP should be conservative, if can get 250-275, I'd be pleased. The head work and the compression upgrade is an easy 30-40 HP gain over stock,with the right intake and good exhaust.(plan is for a single 3" with a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler.
Working on an intake manifold now, debating on Fuel inj or carb. Most likely will use a Holley 350 cfm. Also considered a draw-thru type setup.

I am very fortunate, that my machine shop guy is really into this, and building a 153 cid 4 cyl turbo for a Rambler American, so as I do research and track parts, I get free machine shop work! LOL! We both bought T3/T4 turbo kits w/intercoolers .

As far as posting link to my build thread- I am apparently too computer illiterate to figure that out! LOL. Any help greatly appreciated.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote