View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #139
ya it is a classic

Re: Most dangerous tool in your shop and why!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERASER5 View Post
84? That would be 6.9 like mine. So what, where, and how? After reading one story, I keep a closer check on the oil level.

That 86 F250 might be my dangerous tool. ANYTHING suspension related is painful! If I did not make pain during the fix, the pain will come by morning. Sometimes I just take the Aleeve before hand.
well lets just say i was young and dumb and thought i knew what i was doing. i bought the diesel from my neighbor for $100 and dropped 400 into it and one of the things was a new clutch slave cylinder. well it wasn't properly bled so you had to pump it a few times to get it to work. and my buddy suggested i should turn up the fuel pump so i pulled the cover but i couldnt get the screw to turn so it was dark out and i put the cover back on the pump after filling it with diesel but i didnt notice that the fuel lever was in the wrong position (wide open) so the next day the pickup was pointed at the shop and my dad was cranking it over while we were bleeding the lines. well i jumped in and i couldnt get it out of second gear because the clutch wasnt bled (kinda bad if it had started) well i put it in neutral and it fired up and ran full throttle for about 2 minutes. i unhooked the batteries, pulled the wires on the fuel pump, and shut off the key. the only thing that could have stopped it was covering the intake but i didnt think of it. and it ran like a bat out of hell before it blew. my dad called me a (add a choice word) dumbass and walked away. so i sold it to the salvage yard for $500 and kept the new batteries i put in it. and i brought home the 48 international kb2 i just got cause i could only have 3 vehicles at the house at a time.....so it all worked out in the end except me learning i was an idiot haha and instead of driving a f250 diesel that i just registered and was going to drive it to school the next day i ended up driving my 55 chevy pickup that was way cooler but so impractical
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote