View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
hipasschev94

Re: 88 gmc k1500 -black betty-

havent been on here alot but alot has changed with this truck. what happend these past couple months was the project got put on hold and had to start using it for work and worked her straight into the ground, now how she stands it my frame is about to snap in half i blew the motor steering columb fell out on my on the highway (that was interesting when that happend) and the box is done, i wont be able to post pictures tonight but now shes parked and shes going to be a long term project. what i have in mind is baisicly having a old truck with a new body. im still doing the sas on the new frame going to get just enough a lift to clear 35" tires then im building a carburated preformance 350 and im going to hook up a turbo 350 with a shift kit. im still deciding on what transfer case to go with and im sticking to halfton axels dana 44 upfront then a 12 bolt in back, theres alot more planed for her now that ill have more time to work and not have to drive her the next day, ill post some pics when i can but this is going to be a long standing project. im about to get the 2 parts trucks within the month so i should be able to start soon hopefully